Every year, nearly $50 billion worth of loyalty reward points and miles are issued to U.S. consumers. Unfortunately, 93% of consumers believe loyalty programs are not rewarding their best customers but are primarily a marketing ploy. Their #1 complaint? The difficulty of redeeming their points & miles. The merchandise catalogs just aren’t cutting it — usage is under 12% of members and redemption about 5% of total.
89% of program members say they’d simply like to spend their points directly at merchants. That’s why American Express, Chase, Citi and Discover points are redeemable at Amazon. But, connecting merchants to credit card, hotel and airline reward programs isn’t easy. Until now. That’s what we do: securely connect rewards programs to merchants.
Point Payments was founded by payment industry experts with deep processing experience. Knowing a network solution was needed yet didn’t exist, they set out to build that solution — leveraging technology to bring greater efficacy to loyalty rewards.read more
Point Payments solutions drive customer engagement.
The PointNet platform features:
- Content Management
- Enrollment Management
- Cross-Domain Authentication & Authorization
- Business Rules
- Risk Management
- Multi-Party Settlement
The PointNet platform supports both online (Web) and offline (brick’n’mortar) points redemption:
With PointPromote, participating merchants feature only the most user-relevant reward program brands on their sites. And, with direct pay-wall integration of PointSpend, online merchants can process points-payments as easily as credit card transactions.
With PointLink, participating stores, restaurants and service providers get more traffic and sales from consumers now able to fund their transaction with credit card, hotel, retail and airline rewards points or miles. With all integration server-side, there is no implementation work for the merchant. Smartphone apps and SMS messaging ensure the user knows where & how they can pay with points or miles.
After 30 years, the loyalty industry is at an inflection point. The best customers are not as happy as they should be, most programs are competing feature-for-feature and the industry is abuzz about change.
- Engagement at the POS and Elsewhere
- The Growing Acceptance of Bitcoin
- Why the $110B Gift Card Industry Must Die
- AmEx and the Holy Grail of Payments
- TSYS Publishes New Research
- Increase Relevance of Rewards
- Branded Currency Revolution
- Travelers Stingier with their Loyalty
- 35% Redemption Delivery Gap
- Beware Loyalty Fraud
- Collinson Lattitude Traveler Survey
- Local Affiliates Lacking
- Loyalty Card Market Size
- Bank Innovation
- B of A Card-linked Offers
- Study: What Customers Really Want
- The Holy Grail of Loyalty
- Turning Miles Into Cash Gains Favor
- Digital Downloads for IHG Points
- Fewer, Larger Orders Online
- Instant Redemptions Lure Customers